It is easier to look at successful entrepreneurs and business owners and think or say “You’re so lucky”.
But can you make your own luck in business?
Try the following:
- Have a clear and meaningful purpose. Shout about it.
- Practise (“the harder I practise the luckier I get” – Gary Player)
- Be clear on your vision and what you need to do to get there.
- Turn up and give it your all. Every day – without fail.
- Listen. Listen. Listen some more.
- Inspire a sense of fun and adventure. Be playful.
- Focus on what’s important. The rest is busy-being-busy-time-filling fluff.
- Approach all from a mindset of service. Help others first.
- Build the fire and the heat will come. (Never chase the heat first, aka money.)
- Try new stuff. Test results. Refine and reappply the stuff that works. Keep on tinkering.
- Love your customers. Never take them for granted as you chase that new account.
- Share successes with your team. Build paths to enable them to rise alongside you.
- Be positive (yet realistic). Always.
What have I missed?