Podcast (fast-growth-business): Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this third edition of the Fast Growth Business podcast, Richard Harrison, Director of innovation consultants, Inovaris, provides founders and entrepreneurs with some tips on navigating the world of grants and also gives us his thoughts on recent cut-backs to business support services such as the Business Growth Service.
Before we dive into the interview, our resource of the week is ScheduleOnce – you know those times when you’re trying to find a mutually convenient time for a meeting or call and you find yourself making suggestions and nothing quite fits in….! Well with ScheduleOnce you can email a link that provides live access to your calendar in that it suggests slots that it knows you are free. I’ve been tinkering with this for a few weeks and early signs are good. Give it a try!
Please get interactive with us on Twitter and leave your feedback in iTunes.
Diving into the interview with Richard Harrison we discuss the following:
- Horizon 2020 – challenges involved and which organisations it typically suits
- Typical time-frames for grant applications
- Alternatives to Horizon2020 – that might be preferable for many SMEs
- Certain grants that can allow salary costs as the ‘matched funding’
- Problems in navigating available grant funding (without expert help)
- Closure of the Business Growth Service – impact on Growth Accelerator, Manufacturing Advisory Service etc
You can find Richard at Inovaris or on Linkedin.
Please subscribe for past and future episodes at iTunes.
We hope you enjoy it!