I’m delighted to kick off our podcast series with a fascinating chat with Ian Sanders of The Ian Sanders Company on his latest book Juggle! Rethink Work, Reclaim your Life
Ian Sanders is an entrepreneur, ideas guy, marketing bloke, business potentialiser, unplan evangelist, specialist in creative industries and author!
You can either listen to the podcast from your computer now or you can subscribe to listen to this and future episodes on your ipod, smart phone or mp3 player at your convenience – all for free.
In our 20 minute chat, topics covered with Ian include:
- Ian’s life as a Juggler
- introducing ‘plurality’ into our work and lives
- avoiding being defined by our job title
- how employees can also embrace the Juggle lifestyle to be more entrepreneurial
- how the introduction of a reduced (often 4 day) work week during the recession could benefit both employers and employees over the longer term
- rethinking the notion of retirement by reframing work
- challenge of ‘switching off’ given the ‘always on’ 24 hr nature of technology tools
- key lessons from Kevin Roberts (global CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi) on balancing work and life
- importance of being passionate about what you do – “play where you play best”
- effectively managing your 24 hours per day
You can find this book at Amazon and you can find more from Ian Sanders at his website, plus regular updates on Ian’s latest thinking on his blog and on Twitter.
How you can listen to BusinessN2K:
- Subscribe by clicking on the Subscribe to Podcast icon in the side bar or subscribe via iTunes. This is the best way to listen as it will ensure that all future episodes are delivered directly to you as new episodes are released, or
- Click on the Blubrry player below to listen now:
Please leave your comments, feedback and suggestions for future shows in the comments section below.
Credits: Thanks to Ian Sanders for this week’s show + music used in the BusinessN2K podcast is by Viba – In the Orchard lies a Secret – available as a free download and is released under a Creative Commons Licence